Writing a proposal requires strong management and organizational skills to ensure compliance to the RFP requirements while at the same time conveying win themes developed in the capture process.
Our proposal management services are tailored to the needs of each client. From the time you engage our services through proposal submission, our proposal managers direct and coordinate the activities of subject matter experts (SMEs), technical writers, editors, graphic artists, and teaming partners. Our proposal management services include the following.
- Analyze the solicitation and develop the compliance matrix
- Create annotated outlines with win themes, discriminators and page limits
- Develop and produce writing guidelines and style formats
- Develop proposal schedule
- Develop proposal budget
- Organize and direct the kick off meeting
- Convene regular status meetings
- Resolve issues
- Interface with subcontractors
- Issue data calls and manage data collection
- Version control
- Developing and submitting questions to the government
- Distributing annotated answers to questions from the government to the team
- Coordinating and managing the color team review process
- Collating color team feedback to writers, editors and graphic artists
Our proposal writers are experienced in taking previous proposal text, or company boilerplate and repurposing this content in to compliant and compelling proposal text. Our writers are equally at ease when interviewing SMEs as they are at conducting independent research to draft original copy for your consideration when no boilerplate or previous proposal content exists. Our writers routinely excel at the following activities.
- Interviewing SMEs to uncover the required information to draft compliant and persuasive content for your proposal
- Conducting independent research to develop “starter content” which is then modified to conform with business processes and win themes for proposal topics such as management approach, quality control, and descriptions of commercially available business systems
- Revise content from SMEs to conform to the proposal’s win themes
- Develop conceptual graphics to support the win themes and highlight differentiators
- Write engaging, logical content to satisfy evaluation criteria, proposal instructions and conform with overall win themes
- Isolate and highlight key proof points
- Write convincing, factual, and highly relevant past performance sections
- Rewrite corporate resumes to highlight relevant experience
- For DOD, advise on Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification requirements and coordinate with our team of CMMC evaluators
Every proposal team includes editors who review content to ensure proper grammar; consistent voice, logical progression and overall readability.
We work with a variety graphic artists to support our clients win themes by creating of artwork, graphics, charts and tables that convey complex concepts visually. In addition our graphic artists assist the proposal manager by establishing a visual and figure log to support version control, resolving compatibility issues and making changes after key color reviews. Graphic artists also develop proposal covers that support the win themes of each proposal. If you have an in house graphics team, we are happy to work with them as well.
Once the proposal is complete and all comments from the final color review have been incorporated, we complete the final formatting of the document and submit it to our clients for printing, book check and review. On request, we participate in book checks, production, packing and shipping of the final proposal product.
Our team assists our clients in conducting color reviews in two ways: as an outside evaluation resource; or as part of the proposal management project as described above. Details concerning our outside evaluation services follow.
Outside Evaluator for Color Reviews
We provide outside evaluators to participate in the color review process to determine whether a proposal is compliant, and satisfies the evaluation factors in a compelling manner. This process delivers an outside perspective on how a proposal is likely to be rated by the government technical evaluation panel.